Sunny Days in Heaven
Spiritual/Political/Philosophical Blog on the Nature of Truth and Falsehood and Heaven


Friday, February 17, 2006  

So, what's your problem?

Why haven't you met God?

Have you ever asked yourself that question? I've met a lot of people who have said at one time (myself included), "If God wants me to know him or do what he wants, he knows where to find me. Go ahead and give me a call, God."

Naomi Wolf, the Jewish feminist, claims she has met Jesus recently. So why haven't you?

Then there's another feminist writer in England who is taking a year off to explore "spirituality" after she had an encounter where she felt anointed as if a jar of beautiful ointment poured down upon her and she felt transcendant love or peace or happiness.

Most religious people have had some kind of inkling or experience which sustains them in their faith, but few have ever had the full "technicolor Hollywood experience" as someone I know once put it of being knocked of their horse, dazzled by the burning bush or had the spirit of God like a dove descend upon them and send them into the wilderness for forty days and nights.

What makes God either so picky, elusive, impassive to requests, or capricious?

More on that in another blog, but ask yourself, this - is it possible that I could meet God directly but I just haven't really wanted to?

posted by Mark Butterworth | 11:31 PM |

links
archives